Friday, November 20, 2015

Introduction

We shall call me Christen.

I'm just here to share my reason for coming in late for work, taking a long lunch or leaving work early.
You have to understand, it's not my fault.

Today I had a dentist appointment. You know, everyone needs to go to the dentist. In the mid afternoon. On a Friday. Just late enough so they can't come back to work.

Yes, I know you all needed help with the work I'm supposed to do. Yes, I know you need help with the work we ALL have to do. This is totally unavoidable. I know you understand.

Oh, don't worry about checking the time clock. It's just an unlucky coincidence that I punched into a maintenance task. Hey, it's not a lie. I'm having maintenance done in my mouth. I'm on SALARY anyhow so it doesn't affect the company.

No, It's not dishonest. Of course not.

Yes, I know it's Friday, but that's the only day the dentist had available. During the mid afternoon too. It's not my fault. Especially since it caused me to not be able to come back for the rest of the day. If only the Dentist was open on Saturday.  It's a last-minute thing. You understand, right?

It's not like yesterday, when I had to go home early to cook dinner. That was also unexpected. Nobody really expects to have to cook dinner.

Besides, you guys can get all the work done. I have faith in you. Make sure and get the work done before you come home. My work too. Have a good weekend and don't forget to put all the chairs up so the carpet cleaners can get to work. I'll see you on Monday. K?


No comments:

Post a Comment